Re: The Web of Life -Reply -Reply

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Nancy Walkup (Walkup.EDU)
Mon, 24 Nov 1997 08:25:25 -0600

Respond to this message.

--=_3A6F7A91.5B3A57F7

It's turning into an interesting search. I wonder if anyone could take
a picture of it for us. Now I really want to see it.

Nancy

Nancy Walkup
Project Coordinator
PO Box 305100 University of North Texas
Denton, TX 76203
walkup
940.565.3986
FAX 940-565-4867
--=_3A6F7A91.5B3A57F7

Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 18:01:04 -0600
From: betti longinotti <p-lstudio>
To: Walkup.EDU
Cc: artsednet.edu
Subject: Re: The Web of Life -Reply

Nancy,
I spoke with Jim Biggers this evening. He said he didn't know the
artist of the mural offhand, but said he would investigate it for us
and
get back to me by the first of next week.
He indicated that it depicts the history of Gaston County as a textile
village. He also remarked that within the mural are black slaves
picking cotton, and that they are dressed to well to really
authenticate
that period of time. He said he was pretty sure it was by a New
England
artist, and that it was restored several years ago.

In Art & Life,
Betti L.
p-lstudio
or on the www at