Re: Cimabue and Giotto

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
bryan (rekcets)
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 11:14:32 -0800

Respond to this message.

Have a group of students work like they did (with apprentices). Students
could be Giotto the gifted painter and assistant to Cimabue, Cimabue the
artist and creator, other assistants, plasterers, background painters,
etc. Have them work cooperatively on a fresco painting. While the
plaster is being prepared Cimabue can design the artwork, Giotto can be
mixing the paints, etc.
JudaOrlandi, Marilyn (TCDI) wrote:

> I am planning on doing a study of Cimabue and Giotto with the elementary
> kids in November, to tie up with all the news we are hearing every day
> regarding the earthquake in Assisi and the damage that was done there.
> I have plenty of prints and books, and magazines here have all come out
> with color reproduction and articles recently. I also have many
> anecdotes to tell the kids about the relationship between Cimabue and
> his student, Giotto, which they can relate to.....but I need ideas for
> practical projects that would tie in with the lesson.
>
> Has anyone got any suggestions? Thanks.
>
> Marilyn Juda-Orlandi
> Rome, Italy

Respond to this message.