Re: window painting

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
croberts (b2w6w4kn)
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 23:24:53 -0800

Respond to this message.

wendy sauls wrote:

> could someone send me a "formula" for paint for window painting? i
> remember the tempera shoould be mixed with soap, i think, but i'm not sure
> in what quantity. any tips would be greatly appreciated!! thanks :D
>
> Wendy Sauls
> Art Teacher, Kanapaha Middle School, Gainesville, FL
> Doctoral Student, Art Education, Florida State University
> wsauls

Wendy,
I'm not sure that there is a "recipe" for mixing soap with tempera to
make it stick, but my middle school students paint the office windows
several times during the year and it always stays on great. We mix
small amounts at the time...3 to 4 oz of tempera and Ajax dishwashing
liquid because that is what I use at home. I add about a teaspoon of
liquid and then test it on some glass. If it doesn't stick, we increase
the amount. We never really measure.

Once, a student forgot to mix the soap in the tempera...painted an
entire window and when it dried, it ALL flaked off in the floor...what a
mess!

Carolyn

Respond to this message.