Re: Mat Cutters advice

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Mark Alexander (mamjam)
Sun, 16 Nov 1997 23:31:28 -0500

Respond to this message.

Melissa,

Years ago I spent quite a few years working in picture framing shops to
support myself as an artist. In the shops I've used a number of
professional cutters, but at home I prefer to use the classic Dexter cutter
with Dexter #3 blades. The trick of success with a Dexter cutter is to know
how to use it with a T square. If you want more info just ask.

Mark

At 8:38 PM 11/16/97, Melissa Enderle wrote:
>I was thinking about purchasing a matcutter. I am looking for one that is
>fairly easy to use, but still makes accurate bevel-edged corners. Which
>brand and model would you recommend? I plan on spending enough to get a
>decent cutter, but I don't need fancy bells and whistles.

Respond to this message.