Re: Rockwell and Wood

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sidnie Miller (sidmill.us)
Sun, 16 Nov 1997 18:36:39 -0800 (PST)

Respond to this message.

I discovered an interesting thing when I attended an NAEA pres. meeting
in Springville, Utah. All the schools in that area have been purchasing
original art for years. A school in Springville owns an original
Norman Rockwell painting of Ichabod Crane!! They paid $800 for it
through fundraising--as you can imagine--the artist gave them a deal
when he found out who wanted it and how hard they had worked to scrape
up the money. Interesting idea. Sid

###########################
# Sidnie Miller #
# Elko Junior High School #
# 777 Country Club Drive #
# Elko, NV 89801 #
# 702-738-7236 #

On Sun, 16 Nov 1997, neal rosenblum wrote:

> Can you pass on some ideas on how to teach about Norman Rockwell and
> Grant Wood to first graders? I am using them to teach about families and
> Thanskgiving.
>
> Thanks
>
> Neal Rosenblum

Respond to this message.