Re: The Blue Desert

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
ttipton.tz
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 17:48:39 +0300

Respond to this message.

To date, no one has mentioned THE BLUE DESERT in the Sinai Peninsula
by the Belgian artist Verame (I believe). He received permission to
paint several boulders blue, which is the color of peace in that
region, to symbolize the signing of the peace accord in the Middle
East. Although he didn't alter the landscape like Goldsworthy does
(cutting into stone, etc.), his alteration through color alone is
striking and surreal. THE BLUE DESERT would be a good contrasting
artist to compare to Goldsworthy.

Regards,
Teresa Tipton

Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 16:12:32 -0700 (MST)
From: champion <achampio>
To: artsednet.edu
Subject: A&E.A

Diane,
Hi, We are responding to your messege on Andy Goldsworthy and ecological
design. Sorry, we are a little late. We really enjoyed Goldsworthy's art
and feel it is important to teach children the changes that occur in our
evironment and how nature can be art, rather that nature is art. Some of
our ideas are: a studio project only using natural materials, using
Goldsworthy as our guide, we also have discussed using seasons to show
change and color. We would really appreciate to hear how things have been
going and would like your input. Thanks!

Angela D Champion
Rosa Maria Duarte

Respond to this message.