Re: Aesthetics and Criticism

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
carla harwitt (charwitt.us)
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 06:23:38 -0800 (PST)

Respond to this message.

Help! I somehow missed Bob's posting! Could someone send it to me, please?
Thanks.
--Carla

Carla Schiller, Esq.
Teacher, Highly Gifted Magnet
North Hollywood High School, CA
e-mail: charwitt.us
People tend to make the best choice from among those they see,
they just don't always see ALL the choices.......

On Thu, 13 Nov 1997, Susan O. Bates wrote:

> Congratulations to Bob Fromme for putting together such a wonderfully thorough, yet succinct, comparison of
> aesthetics and criticism. For an example of how this works, I would recommend the Getty site that discusses
> the Bierstadt painting and how to present it in a DBAE fashion to elementary school students. It touches on
> all the elements he mentioned. There is a chapter in the book "Art In Context" by Jack Hobbs that addresses
> this, as well. It's a great book for introducing a person to looking at art.
>
> G. Bates @ above address

Respond to this message.

  • Reply: carla harwitt: "Re: Aesthetics and Criticism"
  • Reply: carla harwitt: "Re: Aesthetics and Criticism"