Re: Feminism and Nudes (was: Nude Art and Christianity)

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
carla harwitt (charwitt.us)
Wed, 12 Nov 1997 21:07:57 -0800 (PST)

Respond to this message.

On Wed, 12 Nov 1997, John Bibby, QED of York, York, England wrote:

> I don;t know about the "Christianity" bit, but I think a relevant
> point is that nudes are usually nude FEMALES painted/sculpted
> by MALES.

Funny, we're just finishing up a study of Ancient Greek art and one of my
students asked today why all the nudes we look at seem to be MALES...

Respond to this message.