Re: Colouring In ..again!

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
croberts (b2w6w4kn)
Wed, 12 Nov 1997 22:42:09 -0800

Respond to this message.

Bob Greaves wrote:

.....(snip).....

> My own experience is that children need to be taught how to use the
> whole page if that is the teaching aim. When Primary aged children
> paint they do the detail first then are unable to fill in the
> background as that would cover the detail. They need to be shown how
> to paint the background first..

Well said...I am having that problem right now with my 8th graders who
are painting. I can tell them over and over to paint the background
first and then add the details and they STILL jump right in and put in
the details FIRST. I tell them that's like "dessert"...it has to come
last!

Carolyn Roberts

Respond to this message.