Feminism and Nudes (was: Nude Art and Christianity)

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John Bibby, QED of York, York, England (qed)
Wed, 12 Nov 1997 20:48:34 +0000

Respond to this message.

I don;t know about the "Christianity" bit, but I think a relevant
point is that nudes are usually nude FEMALES painted/sculpted
by MALES.

This HAS to do with gender politics.

(Anyhow, if you think dealing with that is difficult, just feel for
the (male) student on teaching practice who was given the subject
"Menstruation" for his first lesson! - no-one said teaching was
easy!)

On 9 Nov 97 at 15:00, mesande wrote:

> Besides being a student artist, I am also a minister. When
> did nude art become such a problem for the Christian church?
> I have had to fight and stand against criticism for nude studies
> being a part of my art work. I will continue to support the human
> form
> as a subject of art (unless it interfers with my effectiveness as a
> minister). In your opinion what is the difference between nude art
> and pornography?
>
> Love Never Fails,
>
> Minister Mark Everett Sanders
> 121 Holiday Street
> Marietta, GA 30060-1713

Respond to this message.

  • Reply: carla harwitt: "Re: Feminism and Nudes (was: Nude Art and Christianity)"
  • Reply: Elizreese: "Re: Feminism and Nudes (was: Nude Art and Christianity)"