RE: spinners

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Rita Glass (rglass)
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 07:46:59 -0600 (CST)

Respond to this message.

We are just finishing a unit on pop art including Roy Lichtenstein and
some Marvel comic superhero drawing......students have mentioned the flip
stickers..have not seen any...would like more infor on the soetropes...be
more specific about the images...sounds like a great follow up to the unit
we just did.....had them take a situation at our school and have a super
hero save the day.. pop art Lichentein sort of cartoon ..using all the
techniques that the Marvel artists plus the printers technique of dots and
lines for texture....Marvel has the philsophy of good over evil...some of
the frames the students were truly like political cartoons...which we also
discussed...anyway...would love more on your techniques...Rita

On Mon, 10 Nov 1997, Sears, Ellen wrote:

> What about zoetropes (moving pictures) - I have made them out of
> bicycle wheels, but I just picked up directions from the Thomas Edison
> House here in Louisville that uses a 4" plastic lid, a strip of
> construction paper and a q-tip (You spin the q-tip in your fingers, the
> lid is on one end, and view the strip through the slots...). I have
> also seen the directions for a larger one printed in a museum
> companion/project book. Of course both are at school right now - let me
> know if you need more information. Like a flip book in the round.
> (Speaking of flip books - has anyone seen the printed stickers called
> 'flipper stickers' or something... it is a series of stickers that the
> kids can put in the corners of books to make their own flip books... so
> much for the fun of making your own... )
>
> Ellen

Respond to this message.