RE: Budgets for teaching art

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Mark Alexander (mamjam)
Sun, 9 Nov 1997 22:57:46 -0500

Respond to this message.

I have to teach on a cart, I don't have a place I can grade papers during
my plan periods, I have supplies stashed in other classrooms and in the
nurse's room which makes them difficult to get at sometimes, but I do get a
really good budget. This is a public schools, which has 130 total k-8
students and I get $3000 per year for the art program. I don't have trouble
spending it, either. For that I'm expected to share supplies like colored
paper, tempera paints, modeling clay and ceramic clay with the classroom
teachers. I hide the good stuff as well as I can, but I leave out the cheap
paper, the opened temperas, etc. kind of like a rabbit garden. It works ok.
I don't complain.

Mark Alexander, 1-8 Art
Lee H. Kellogg School
47 Main Street
Falls Village, Connecticut 06031
U.S.A.

At 9:51 PM 11/9/97, DEBBI CRANE wrote:
>I teach art in rural southern Indiana, and we get three dollars per year
>per child for art supplies. In some schools, the PTO also gives each
>teacher 100.00 per year to purchase additional stuff. I only buy books
>with my own money, books that I intend to keep when I leave, move or
>change jobs.
>Just thought I'd share...
>
>debbi

Respond to this message.