Re: A&E.A

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
kate/Ron Hirschi (gresham.10)
Wed, 5 Nov 1997 22:08:42 -0500

Respond to this message.

Erin,

In your area maybe a small cornfield planted by the kids, then brought to a
farmer's market. I like the idea of bringing food to people in need but I
also like the idea of "If you give a person corn, they will eat that day.
If you give them tools to grow corn, they will eat all their days. And, if
you help to protect the earth, the water, and the clean air, they will
always have healthy corn."

I remember the strange bean plant I grew in 3rd grade. In a carton of some
kind. How goofy. It couldn't grow beans. I learned a sorry lesson from that.

Ron Hirschi

Erin Hostetler wrote:

> "...I think this magnificent metropolis will remember
> a majestic, amber field." Agnes Denes
>
>Agnes Denes planted a 2 acre wheatfield in the middle of Manhattan. The
>backdrop for her wheatfield was skyscrapers. She harvested the wheat and
>made sure none of it went to waste. Some of the grain even traveled
>around the world in the International Art Show for the End of World
>Hunger. An important theme here is the material used. Nothing was
>wasted. This is an important theme to teach children. What is an
>activity that could be done in the classroom that would help children to
>understand this theme?

Respond to this message.