Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.
Thanks you so much to everyone who responded to my cries for help. I never
imagined in my wildest dreams I would have struck a cord with so many.
have decided what I am going to do.
First I am going to call a "status meeting" with the teacher. I want to go
over with her what she feels is working and/or not working with the
program. I would like to find a common ground from which to work from with
her. I will be open to hearing her professional opinions, and I hope she
will be open to mine. I'm crossing my fingers we can do this peacefully.
If she wants me to change the program to something I am not in agreement
with, for example a time to make "busy work" projects, I can always
decline. There are other teachers who want to have my program in their
class. But I don't think it will come to that.
After this meeting with the teacher, I will have a meeting with the
principal to update her on the progress of the program. We should all be on
"the same page" so to speak, when we address the School Site Council this
month for funding for the program.
I will try to be professional, and not emotional, in all meetings. I need
these people as my allies since I am new to this and I do so desperately
want this to work out.
All of your opinions and suggestions are so valuable to me, I have archived
them all on my computer to refer to them in the future, as unfortunately,
I'm sure this won't be the last time I encounter this and other conflicts
as an art teacher.
I'll let you know how it goes.
Wish me luck!
and thanks again!