Re: Budgets for teaching art

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Fran Marze (fmaiu+@pitt.edu)
Sat, 1 Nov 1997 11:17:30 -0500 (EST)

Respond to this message.

This seems awfully low. Have you talked to the business manager in the
school district or to your immediate supervisor. How does this compare to
other schools in the Houston area? You'll need to do research. Also, i
suppose you'll need to collect a lot of recyclable items. Use newspaper
for sketching or painting on, instead of drawing paper, use paper bags
brought from home; We've all been in that position, I'm sure where budgets
were tight.Talk to other teachers in your district about the budgets at
the middle school, etc. Don't just accept until you know the facts. Good
luck.

On Sat, 1 Nov 1997, Marilyn Cassidy wrote:

> I have a question concerning art budgets. This is my third year
> teaching elementary art in Houston ISD. The school I am at has approx.
> 1200 students. My 1st year the budget allowed $850 for supplies, last
> year $122 (I was also allowed $500 from Kids Now coupon books), and this
> year I will get $200 (with no fundraising). I am hitting the bottom of
> the barrel of art supplies. I have to write at least 3 lesson plans per
> grade level to accomodate for lack of supplies. Am I being a baby or is
> this how most schools fund art programs? I find myself spending my own
> money for supplies. If any one has ideas, I could use a few.

Respond to this message.

  • Reply: redhen: "Re: Re: Native American project"