Re: Question - digital image print ink solvent transfer process

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Smurthwaite (smrthwt)
Sat, 30 Nov 1996 09:51:31 -0500

Respond to this message.

Robert Alexander Fromme wrote:

> Dear naea-emig and artsednet Folks,
>
> I have a question concerning the process which is used to transfer printed
> digital image prints onto drawing paper using a solvent. I was told about
> this process a couple years ago by Craig Roland who had students in his
> classes who were able to combine their computer images with more traditional
> image making processes. However, in the passing time, I have forgotten the
> process that he mentioned and I can not remember the solvent which was
> needed for the technique. My electronic arts students are anxious to try a
> combination of transferred digital prints and drawn images in larger format
> drawings and I have tried a few experiments with poor to pathetic results.
> I need help.......I think others on these lists may also appreciate an
> account of the process....... so I have directed my "cry for help" to all
> list members in hopes that many of us can find guidance and then build upon
> the knowledge and experience of those members who have used the technique.
> Craig......Anyone........Help......
>
> Bob Fromme

My own children are into Japanese Animation and are buying special paper
that the computer prints onto. (They get pictures from all over the
Internet) This paper can be ironed onto T-shirts. Couldn't you use
this to heat set it onto paper too? Just wondering.

Kelly Smurthwaite

Respond to this message.