Re: murals

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Leslie Miller (zandee)
Tue, 26 Nov 1996 00:05:02 -0500 (EST)

Respond to this message.

At 09:51 PM 11/24/96 -0600, Walter Carl Holland wrote:
>We've started to do murals on a large scale having started a summer
>program to teachech the art of painting. I am very interested in knowing
>what others are doing. we are fixing to start tile murals with
>elementary age gifted and talented artist students. I would love to hear
>from anyone that worked with biggers on a mural .
>
>Walter,
I don't quite understand your post.
But, the mural we are doing is with a first grade class. There are all kinds
of kids in this class. The teacher is accomplishing it in her room. A clay
corner set up. A large painted mural about their ocean environment unit. The
painting was done and redone and redone before the cut out painted and magic
mared sea animals and plants were placed. Then they moved and moved and
moved. Then when it was all ready it was divided into a grid for 5 inch
tiles. All the while the children were using their clay corner and
practicing their skills. They love the clay and at this point they have
produced more"things than I'm sure their parents want. We began to talk
about quality control. They are so cute!
I spent two or three, maybe four lessons in their room. The teacher has done
the rest with me running in from time to time. This began the second week of
school!

The first kiln load is in and on low-cracked tonight. They will see the
first half of the mural done Wedneasday morning before they go home for the
holiday.
So exciting!
My computer is being a bit odd. The computer Daddy"s at school ahve been
working on it. I just fought with the modem and carrier company software for
three hours to be able to get on line again.Who know's if it will work each
time!

I'm glad you are interested. I would love to hear what you are doing.

Leslie

Respond to this message.