Re: Cubism

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Becky Alexander (Bekalex)
Thu, 21 Nov 1996 17:52:21 -0700

Respond to this message.

>-- [ From: sybil conn * EMC.Ver #2.5.1 ] --
>
>I'm finding this discussion extremely thought provoking.
> I would say that San D. expresses my point of view most admirably, by
>saying " Oh silly me, I though the cubists were trying to capture the
>vitality and movement of life in the static reality of art."
>THAT is what excites me so much about the movement.
>
>Sybil

Perhaps different artists were doing different things with cubism at
different times. I suspect that M. Duchamp was definitely using it to show
movement.
Picasso on the other hand may have been using it (at times) to show
different emotional states (mho). Then we have Mondrian's "Composition"
pieces and all the various cubist still life's.
I really feel that the artists used it to suit their purposes at
the time and no one "rationale" if you will, suffices.

Becky Alexander
Porterville, Ca.

Respond to this message.

  • Reply: gwen shackleton: "Copy of: Re: Cubism"