Re: Encaustic

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Ruth Voyles (rvoyles)
Tue, 19 Nov 1996 09:59:09 -0500 (EST)

Respond to this message.

I use an old warming tray set on low or medium. I have students place
tagboard or bristol on top of the tray and draw with the crayon on the
board. The crayon melts as you draw with it. To develop more texture,
the students must go over each area several times. The only problem with
this is that unless you have alot of warming trays, only one student at a
time can do it. I have used it as an activity station before or after
other projects are done.

Ruth Voyles
The Toledo Museum of Art
The University of Toledo

On Mon, 18 Nov 1996, CHRISTY SCHMITZ wrote:

> Does anyone have any ideas, tips, techniques they would
> generously share about encaustic painting (using crayons) for the high
> school level? I would sure appreciate your help.
> Christy

Respond to this message.