encaustic

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sandra L. Eckert (seart)
Mon, 18 Nov 1996 19:40:00 -0500 (EST)

Respond to this message.

I use crayons, as you do; I melt them in a muffin tin, over water (wax is
very flammable); be sure to have the exhaust fans going, it gets a little
stinky. Kids can paint on bristol board or some other firm surface with
water color brushes used expressly for this purpose. One theme I explored
was underwater life; it takes a little extra work to get the students to
paint loosely, as is necessary with this medium. You might try themes like
stained glass , or the painting style of George Roualt for those that need a
tighter style to work in, and do it on plexi or glass...hmmmm...that one
just came to me! I think I'll try it too! Have fun!
Sandy

At 04:58 PM 11/18/96 -0600, you wrote:
> Does anyone have any ideas, tips, techniques they would
>generously share about encaustic painting (using crayons) for the high
>school level? I would sure appreciate your help.
>Christy

Respond to this message.