Craig roland- talk to me.

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Christine Beth Johnson (chrbjohn)
Fri, 15 Nov 1996 20:13:28 -0500 (EST)

Respond to this message.

Yes, have them run an art show for the community, plan, jury . Make it a
requirement that they must , raise funds, paln solicitors, figutre the
juying rpcedure, etc. A team project of this sort would help them
understand the stakeholders for art in the community and teach some
vaulable skills for later on. I would suggest that you contact the the
state Arts Organization groups and ask them for theri course structure
for arts organization devlopment.If florida doesn't have one I know other
places. Good luck. This course is desperately needed. If you need to
chat about this futher let me know. Chrsity Johnson, chrbjohn

On Fri, 15 Nov 1996, karen wrote:

> craig roland wrote:
> >
> > At the request of my Department Chair, I'm currently exploring the
> > possibilities of starting a Community Arts course that will be offered >for the first time in the Fall 1997 and be required of all art students >in our Department.
> > Do you have any suggestions on what should be included in such a
> > course?
> >
> > Any thoughts or leads in this area would be most appreciated.
> >
> > Craig

> > CRAIG ROLAND. Associate Professor-Art Education.
> > Department of Art, University of Florida, Gainesville Florida.
> > 32611-5801. (352) 392-9165 - Art Ed Office (352) 392-8453 - Fax
> >
> > visit my homepage (http://grove.ufl.edu/~rolandc/homepage.html) and
> > @rt room (http://grove.ufl.edu/~u4950aaa/@rt_room/@rtroom_home.html).
>

> Hello,
>
> If you are new to the net, as I am, or if you would like to view a
> resource list of links of interest to most art educators, then pay a
> visit to Craig's homepage. For me, it was like finding VirtualGold.
> Thanks, Craig.
>
> Together for Art,
> Karen Wheeler

Respond to this message.