RE: Help!mural project gr5/6

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Vance McSwain (vmcswain)
Thu, 14 Nov 1996 19:16:02 -0600

Respond to this message.

----------
From: W.NEWLAND[SMTP:b.newland]
Sent: Monday, November 11, 1996 8:08 PM
To: artsednet
Subject: Help!mural project gr5/6

Greetings from Canada,
My grade 5/6 art class has been asked by the school to create a mural =
for
the school cafeteria. There are 15 children in this class. We are very
excited about this project. I have a budget of $50. Any suggestions on
materials? Any experience to relate. Thanks. Janette Haggar

Janette,
Our art club was asked to paint a mural in the cafeteria. We took =
students from the art club and posed them in natural situations. For =
example, walking with a backpack, talking to another student, carrying a =
tray, working at a desk, looking up at a teacher, being helped at their =
desk by a teacher.=20

As they posed directly in front of the prepared cafeteria wall, we =
spotlighted them with an overhead projector and traced around the =
shadows created by the poses. =20

The silhouettes were painted in solid black and then a graphic element =
made up a a few horizontal stripes was painted to tie all the =
silhouettes together.

It looks great and was fairly simple to do.
=20

Respond to this message.