Re: Help!mural project gr5/6

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Christine Beth Johnson (chrbjohn)
Tue, 12 Nov 1996 06:43:31 -0500 (EST)

Respond to this message.

have the kids and parents plan and help and work to find connections to
hard ware stores and paint supply for plywood(cover with sealingwhite
first), then can use latix paint,(stores often have retuned paint, un
sellable colrs are often the colors kids want. Cut plywood sheets to
logical hanging style. Drill the appropriate holes. The kids can work
in teams on a section. of the theme they decide to do together.(Time for
small arrellel lesson on triptics(spelling ,sorry). Also, have students
cost out the entire project and present an accounting at the end.Example:
lumber 100
paint- 80
brushes and drops-20
hous( 4.35-mim-wage time 10 hous X 5 days=
mural supervision and coordination- (5 days of you salary)
hanging(janitor rate-etc.)
______
Total
-50 budget from principal/school
$rest donation from art class
$ donation form community

This will help students understand and value their art work and maybe
help the adminstration understand the real cost of this. P.S. give
merchants credit next to wall.

Teaching the cost of art helps students grow up to be art buyers that do
no cry out over art costs !

Christy Johnson

On Mon, 11 Nov 1996, W.NEWLAND wrote:

> Greetings from Canada,
> My grade 5/6 art class has been asked by the school to create a mural for
> the school cafeteria. There are 15 children in this class. We are very
> excited about this project. I have a budget of $50. Any suggestions on
> materials? Any experience to relate. Thanks. Janette Haggar

Respond to this message.