Re: rainforest

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Christine Beth Johnson (chrbjohn)
Sun, 10 Nov 1996 11:55:46 -0500 (EST)

Respond to this message.

Check turner Network for DL course and reommendation to folks that are
addressing the issue with them. If my memorey serves me correctly they
did a program on the subject last year and may have some ideas to share.
Perhaps it is a time to discuss the value of art on social issues and
have them decide what they want to do to add to the exploration.
Christy Johnson

On Sun, 10 Nov 1996, Roy Liebergen wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone out there has any ideas for a rainforest
> unit. Our school does a school-wide project each year, and this year it
> is about the rainforest. This is my first year at this school, and I
> have gathered from talking to other teachers that this is quite an
> elaborate, collaborative project, not just each class doing something
> relating to the rainforest. We have discussed creating a rainforest,
> then having it destroyed by slash and burn technique or by lumber
> harvesters. Any thoughts and other ideas will be greatly appreciated.
> Thank you, Carol

Respond to this message.