Re: Decorated Paste Papers

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Betti Longinotti (blongino)
Fri, 8 Nov 1996 14:19:52 -0500 (EST)

Respond to this message.

Karen,
Just last weekend there was a workshop taught at the Sawtooth
Center of Visual Art on paste papers, by their "Artist of the Year",
Joyce Teta. Joyce is a most wonderful calligrapher!!! You might write
to Joyce at Sawtooth's address and ask her for some info.
It is:
Sawtooth Center for Visual Art
226 N. Marshall St.
Winston-Salem, NC 27101

On Wed, 6 Nov 1996, Karen Horan wrote:

> Hello everyone! I am looking for historical information on the origin of
> paste papers that were traditionally used as end overs for books. WE are
> preparing a teachers resource guide on the process of making paste papers
> for bookmaking and would welcome any information you may know about the
> early history. ANY information or experience you may have had on paste
> papers would be welcome. Thank you!

Respond to this message.