Re: Graeme Base's Animalia

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Christine Beth Johnson (chrbjohn)
Wed, 6 Nov 1996 08:12:27 -0500 (EST)

Respond to this message.

I visted an art teacher today.(A disney award teacher). She had up two
aphabet. With each letter thy identified a male and female artist, a few
each year. By the time they left 6th grade they knew 52 artits. Each
letter was done in the artist style. Just a thought on the alphabet.Christy

On Wed, 6 Nov 1996 Toulouse95 wrote:

> To Those Interested,
>
> Since this book title keeps cropping up, I thought I might send on a lesson
> plan. Wish I could say it was original -- adapted from a plan shared at a
> workshop.
>
> LESSON PLAN:
> Show students examples of children's ABC books, preferably Graeme Base's
> Animalia. This book is as much fun for adults as is it for young children.
> Your local library should have a copy or Books-A-Million carries it in the
> art section as well as the intermediate reader section.
>
> Assign each student a letter of the alphabet (I had them draw their letter
> from a hat). Pass out handout. I had them do the illustration in mixed media:
> colored pencil, marker, watercolor washes. These make an impressive display
> that students, teachers and parents really enjoy. Could donate entire
> alphabet to a nursery school or kindergarten class.
>
> ARTISTIC ALLITERATION
> Letter that you are to illustrate:
>
> ____________
>
> Use only words that begin with this letter to fill in the charts below.
>
> Animal/Person Types Action Words Objects Adjectives
> EX: Ballerina,Baboon Bouncing, Buying Beach Ball, Bubbles Bright,
> Brown
>
> 1. 1. 1. 1.
> 2. 2. 2. 2.
> 3. 3. 3. 3.
> 4. 4. 4. 4.
> 5. 5. 5. 5.
> Write at least 3 creative phrases below using the words above.
> 1.
> 2.
> 3.
>
> Choose a phrase and use it to create an illustration for a children's
> alphabet book. The more you elaborate the better.
>
> PHRASE TO ILLUSTRATE:
>
> Will send hard copy, if anyone is interested and will send snail mail
> address.
> Mary Jane

Respond to this message.