Re: artist/speakers who tour

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Gary LaTurner (garyl.wa.us)
Mon, 4 Nov 1996 20:19:57 -0800 (PST)

Respond to this message.

One of the most impressive visual artists I've seen create or perform
recently is Roger Shimomura. Roger is a professor of art in Kansas. His
artwork, paintings refer to the Japanese American experience during World
War II. Roger does presentation or theater art as well. I would
recommend him highly.
Gary LaTurner

On Mon, 4 Nov 1996, Larry Hurt wrote:

> Greetings everyone!
>
> During a meeting of a performing arts advisory board today, we began
> discussing possible VISUAL artists for school programs. Someone asked
> if there were any visual artists (i.e. Jacob Lawrence) who could be
> brought in for a lecture/slide show/interactive time. I told them
> that I knew just the place to ask this question. So here it is:
>
> Does anyone know any significant/relatively high profile artists who
> would be good in this capacity? Have you seen them? Are they able to
> speak in an articulate manner about their work with children?
>
> I look forward to hearing from anyone who has heard or experienced
> this type of presentation recently.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Larry Hurt (lhurt)
> Ben Davis High School, Indianapolis