Re: Hispanic Art Lesson Plan Question

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Elizabeth Reese (reese)
Mon, 4 Nov 1996 11:48:21 CST6CDT

Respond to this message.

From: "Nancy Walkup" <walkup>
To: Bunki Kramer <bkramer.ca.us>,
Christine Beth Johnson <chrbjohn>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 10:07:33 CST6CDT
Subject: Re: Hispanic Art Lesson Plan Question
Cc: artsednet

> Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 06:37:35 -0500 (EST)
> From: Christine Beth Johnson <chrbjohn>
> To: Bunki Kramer
> <bkramer.ca.us> Cc:
> artsednet Subject: Re: Hispanic Art Lesson
> Plan Question

> rivera- students enjoy studying as well. I have seen lessons
> on miro- somewhere- have you checked the art education journal
> or art teacher?
>
> On Sun, 3 Nov 1996, Bunki Kramer wrote:
>
> > Hi, Chris.....You wrote:
> >
> > >I am an elementary education major in Wisconsin with a
> > >spanish minor. For my art methods course, I am to create a
> > >lesson which I will later present to my class as if they
> > >were elementary students. I wanted to do a lesson on Juan
> > >Miro' (I hope the first name is correct as I am having a
> > >memory lapse). Has anyone out there done a lesson on him or
> > >his art. Are there any ideas you have that I could adapt to
> > >fit a lesson with Juan Miro'? If there is another Spanish
> > >artist (from Spain)that would be good to teach please let me
> > >know. I haven't set an age to teach this to but was looking
> > >at a range of between first and fifth grade. Thanks for
> > >your help. Chris Olson
> > .......................end message...............
> >
> > It's Joan Miro'. I've not used a lesson concerning him but I
> > wanted to tell you about the coolest workshop I went to a few
> > years back on diversity. One of the workshop presenters at a
> > local art gallery gave a lesson geared to elementary level
> > (I'm middle school) that was so neat! It was making small
> > aluminium foil people attached to small matboard pieces and
> > the little sculptures were to represent your own unique pose.
> > All were displayed afterwards on a black-clothed table. What
> > was so unusual was the presenter spoke only in Spanish...none
> > of us could speak it...and she used pre-drawn figures on
> > large sheet of paper with Spanish titles to explain visually
> > what part of the body we were to make next. She had to be
> > very antimated to get her ideas across (and lots of hand
> > movements) but none of us had any problems understanding.
> > That might be an unusual way to present "your" lesson. If you
> > are interested in how the figures are cut out on one large
> > sheet of foil, let me know and I'll tell you more about it!
> >
> > Bunki Kramer
> > Los Cerros Middle School
> > 968 Blemer Road
> > Danville, California 94526
> > sch.# 510-552-5620
> > bkramer.ca.us

I have a Miro unit we developed in our Institute that I would be
happy to share. Send me your email or snail mail address if you
are interested.

Nancy

Nancy Walkup, Project Coordinator
PO Box 5098, University of North Texas
Denton, TX 76203
817/565-3986 FAX 817/565-4867
Walkup

The Meadows Museum at Southern Methodist University has the best
collection of Spanish art outside of Spain. Subsequently, they
have Miro's "The Circus." For more information about the
collection, as well as to order slides, call 214.768.2516.

Elizabeth Reese
Marcus Fellow
UNT

Respond to this message.