Re: Hispanic Art Lesson Plan Question

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Christine Beth Johnson (chrbjohn)
Mon, 4 Nov 1996 06:37:35 -0500 (EST)

Respond to this message.

rivera- students enjoy studying as well. I have seen lessons on miro-
somewhere- have you checked the art education journal or art teacher?

On Sun, 3 Nov 1996, Bunki Kramer wrote:

> Hi, Chris.....You wrote:
>
> >I am an elementary education major in Wisconsin with a spanish minor. For
> >my art methods course, I am to create a lesson which I will later present to
> >my class as if they were elementary students. I wanted to do a lesson on
> >Juan Miro' (I hope the first name is correct as I am having a memory lapse).
> >Has anyone out there done a lesson on him or his art. Are there any ideas
> >you have that I could adapt to fit a lesson with Juan Miro'? If there is
> >another Spanish artist (from Spain)that would be good to teach please let me
> >know. I haven't set an age to teach this to but was looking at a range of
> >between first and fifth grade. Thanks for your help.
> >Chris Olson
> .......................end message...............
>
> It's Joan Miro'. I've not used a lesson concerning him but I wanted to tell
> you about the coolest workshop I went to a few years back on diversity. One
> of the workshop presenters at a local art gallery gave a lesson geared to
> elementary level (I'm middle school) that was so neat! It was making small
> aluminium foil people attached to small matboard pieces and the little
> sculptures were to represent your own unique pose. All were displayed
> afterwards on a black-clothed table. What was so unusual was the presenter
> spoke only in Spanish...none of us could speak it...and she used pre-drawn
> figures on large sheet of paper with Spanish titles to explain visually
> what part of the body we were to make next. She had to be very antimated
> to get her ideas across (and lots of hand movements) but none of us had any
> problems understanding. That might be an unusual way to present "your"
> lesson. If you are interested in how the figures are cut out on one large
> sheet of foil, let me know and I'll tell you more about it!
>
> Bunki Kramer
> Los Cerros Middle School
> 968 Blemer Road
> Danville, California 94526
> sch.# 510-552-5620
> bkramer.ca.us

Respond to this message.

  • Reply: Christine Beth Johnson: "Re: Hispanic Art Lesson Plan Question"
  • Reply: Christine Beth Johnson: "Re: Hispanic Art Lesson Plan Question"