Re: Hispanic Art Lesson Plan Question

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Bunki Kramer (bkramer.ca.us)
Sun, 3 Nov 1996 23:07:55 -0800

Respond to this message.

Hi, Chris.....You wrote:

>I am an elementary education major in Wisconsin with a spanish minor. For
>my art methods course, I am to create a lesson which I will later present to
>my class as if they were elementary students. I wanted to do a lesson on
>Juan Miro' (I hope the first name is correct as I am having a memory lapse).
>Has anyone out there done a lesson on him or his art. Are there any ideas
>you have that I could adapt to fit a lesson with Juan Miro'? If there is
>another Spanish artist (from Spain)that would be good to teach please let me
>know. I haven't set an age to teach this to but was looking at a range of
>between first and fifth grade. Thanks for your help.
>Chris Olson
.......................end message...............

It's Joan Miro'. I've not used a lesson concerning him but I wanted to tell
you about the coolest workshop I went to a few years back on diversity. One
of the workshop presenters at a local art gallery gave a lesson geared to
elementary level (I'm middle school) that was so neat! It was making small
aluminium foil people attached to small matboard pieces and the little
sculptures were to represent your own unique pose. All were displayed
afterwards on a black-clothed table. What was so unusual was the presenter
spoke only in Spanish...none of us could speak it...and she used pre-drawn
figures on large sheet of paper with Spanish titles to explain visually
what part of the body we were to make next. She had to be very antimated
to get her ideas across (and lots of hand movements) but none of us had any
problems understanding. That might be an unusual way to present "your"
lesson. If you are interested in how the figures are cut out on one large
sheet of foil, let me know and I'll tell you more about it!

Bunki Kramer
Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, California 94526