RE: [teacherartexchange] What are some Christmas art projects you do with your students?

---------

From: San D Hasselman (shasselman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2012 - 14:43:08 PST

I taught high school in a public school, so Christmas wasn't covered on many levels. But I did have an art club, and what they did for the "holidays" was come up with 6 designs that would fit on the glass windows of each classroom door, and they "sold" these as tempra paintings that they would paint on the doors of the classrooms for $, which was then donated to a charity. One school I worked in had the bear as their mascot, so their designs all incorporated the bear, i.e. bear as snow man, bear hugging Santa, bear catching snowflakes, that sort of thing. Their designs were drawn up on brown paper (many copies of the 6 designs), and so when a teacher and their class bought the design, my art club student would hang it up on the door and paint it. Easy peasy. We charged $5.00 a door. The janitors cleaned up the windows during the holiday break, although we offered to do it, but they insisted on doing it.

San D