Re: [teacherartexchange] look fors

---------

From: judy di salvo stenger (cecidee_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 19 2011 - 17:02:44 PST

Thanks, San D. I like their "declaration of intent." I have
students write what they learned, what they accomplished, and what
they plan to do the next session. I guess I am frustrated by the
format of the look fors this year because, after 37 years of teaching
and learning, I forget that administrators and supervisors (not art
supervisors) don't understand the art curriculum, framework, or
objectives and how very different and special the arts are. We have a
new administration, we are scrambling to make AYP, and I am working
hard to give some balance to my students. I use the Artful thinking
program, have kids discuss at tables, and then share with large group,
so we do have discourse. They write self evaluations and artists'
statements. But if people decide to walk through during studio time,
they are going to see students working, and me floating from table to
table to answer their questions.
Judy