Re:[teacherartexchange] Request for teaching abroad recommendations

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhite139_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 13 2011 - 18:11:59 PST

I hope this goes through; twice when I've tried to respond it came back
from Getty saying there was an attachment, which there certainly was
not. I am currently teaching art in my second country, Oman. Another
list member, Melissa Enderle, has been teaching overseas for years, but
has moved into it from art. There are quite a few art positions open
every year. I would recommend you sign up for an agency like ISS or
Search Associates, which has an enormous and useful data base of
scools; they also conduct recruiting fairs. The recruiting season is
already starting so you need to get your act in gear immediately. Most
schools will have done their major hiring by March or April, although
positions come up any time of the year. It's very important you remain
flexible and not have your heart set on just one country, or even region.

If you would like to correspond off-list, feel free to contact me.

Maggie