[teacherartexchange] Art History Resources

---------

From: Luisa Hawkins (lhawkins_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 04 2011 - 07:23:04 PDT

2 Art History Resource books that are awesome. I use these handouts and worksheets in my own classroom.
I authored them I would like to introduce them to you. If you have any questions or would like to order a classroom set at a discount rate through me, just drop a note or reply. Luisa

1. Available at amazon .com and other online retail book outlets

Exploring History through Art: Study Guides: Per-historic - Ancient Rome
Authored by L. Hawkins

This book is designed to be used with 9-12 grade art history class. It covers Per-historic Art through ancient Rome. It contains 4 guided study booklets that have students answering questions using Internet web searches. This also contains 4 booklets that have students do Internet web searches for associated images. This book is great to get children to be interactive in their learning process. It provides them a chance to make choices about the content they wish to view. These are proven methods that help with information retention and recall.

(Use this as a workbook to keep all information together in one spot! No more papers loose and getting lost!)

2. Available next week at amazon.com and other online retail book outlets

Six Famous Artist Biographies Projects and Worksheets
Authored by L. Hawkins
Short biographies of six famous artists:
Leonardo DaVinci, Michelangelo Buonarotti, John James Audubon, Oscar Claude Monet, Mary Cassatt, and Vincent Van Gogh. This book contains short biographies, essential questions, studio project idea, essential vocabulary words, word searches, and short quiz/discussion pages. These pages are intended to copied and used by the instructor with their students.

(Great resource for elementary teachers, use as an Effective Communicator writing tool, great for sub planning, and those days where you have art teachers road block!)