[teacherartexchange] Moyo Ogundipe

---------

From: Loretta Columbia (lkcolumbia_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 22 2010 - 10:59:46 PST

I'm doing an involved project with my 7/8th graders.  Moyo's 'Soliloquy: Life's Fragile Friction' is the subject.  He paints on canvas with acrylics and carves designs into the paint.  My classes are about 40 students in a very small space.  I do not want to use acrylics with such a large unruly class.  I was thinking of oil pastel and black ink or black tempera to 'sgrafitto' into.  Does anyone have great ideas that work.  I want quality work from my students so I need to offer something that works well.  The tempera sometimes chips and the ink sometimes doesn't carve through well.  Thanks!
Loretta