[teacherartexchange] FW: Art e-Solutions November 2010

---------

From: San D Hasselman (shasselman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 22 2010 - 10:05:55 PST

Just thought this might be interesting for everyone.

San D

From: seg_email@mcgraw-hill.com
To: shasselman@hotmail.com
Subject: Art e-Solutions November 2010
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 12:53:15 -0500

Welcome to Art eSolutions, a monthly e-zine from the leader in K-12 art education, McGraw-Hill Education. This year’s e-zine features a sleek, new design and variety of important resources for today’s art educator. Learn about the important issues affecting art education!

Art Education – A Full House of Art Portfolio Ideas
Assembling a student art portfolio for college is a lot like showing off your home to a guest. Check out this month’s Art Education feature article for some playful and innovative student portfolio ideas.

Technology – Developing Computer Skills for Careers in Art
Recent advancements in computer technology have opened up an exciting new world for the aspiring artist. Aldo Bacallao, Broadcast and Digital Media Instructor at Dutchtown High School in Hampton, Georgia discusses strategies for helping your students develop the digital skills that they need for successful careers in art and design.

Teacher Tip – Bringing the Contemporary Art World into Your Classroom
Jan Leykauf, Art Teacher at Parkway Middle Center for the Arts in Lauderhill, Florida shares how she taught her student about art careers by bringing working artists into her classroom.

Current Events – The Frida Forgeries?
A few trunks in the back of a Mexican antique shop are at the center of a major art forgery controversy. Read more about this art world controversy and check out a strategy for how you can bring current events into your art room.

Looking for new art project ideas? Check out Featured Studios for studio activity ideas for students in all grade levels, K-12. Seeking art careers information to share with your students? Visit Career Center for our monthly career profiles. Hoping to take advantage of professional development opportunities and funding resources? Explore Funding, Advocacy, and Opportunities for resources and opportunities specifically for art educators.

Please do not reply to this e-mail.

You have received this e-mail because of your past interest in Glencoe's products. We value the existing relationship we have built with you. You are subscribed to artnotes_mgh as shasselman@hotmail.com. To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to leave-3861-829379.e6d8a9a19c14362fd88df814a03f26df@glencoe.com

To view our Corporate Privacy Policy go to http://www.mcgraw-hill.com/privacy.html. To learn more about how the McGraw-Hill School Education Group applies this Policy, you can contact our Customer Privacy Official.

McGraw-Hill School Education Group Privacy Notice