Re: [teacherartexchange] How to protect floor - potter's wheel?

---------

mwhite139_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Fri Nov 19 2010 - 15:56:34 PST

Hi, Sharon,

A tarp would catch all the clay that falls on it, the clay would dry, and people would walk on it, creating a lot of dust. Since you have a linoleum floor, I would ask maintenance for a big mop and bucket (the kind with the mop squeezy thing) so you can wet mop every day. They will probably be most grateful that you're taking care of this in-class. Keeping dust down is key to a healthy clay area.

Boy, I miss teaching art! I'm casting about for a new job in a different country, and hope I can land an art job (but not elementary).

Maggie in Quito