Re: [teacherartexchange] help with an Across the Curriculum Unit

---------

From: Natalie Sakurai (gnatsak_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 15 2010 - 12:28:28 PST

Hi there -

Just off the top of my head - middle school is a good time to learn
about enlarging with a grid. Could you have kids work in groups to
enlarge various pictures from Dr. Suess' amazing book - maybe to mural
size (3' x 5' pr 4' x 8') That would keep them busy all week, and it
would teach important drawing skills - though lack some creativity.
Another idea - maybe have the kids come up with their own
illustrations of important parts of the book. Somehow incorporate a
few of these in the door design?

Hope this triggers some thought for you!
Natalie (California)