RE: [teacherartexchange] help with an Across the Curriculum Unit

---------

From: San D Hasselman (shasselman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 15 2010 - 12:15:44 PST

I would treat my door (and I am assuming you have a window in the door, but you might not) as an "animation cell", and I would teach kids how to do animation cells (which is really just having a sheet of overhead projector plastic stuff, that they paint one of the scenes of the animation on). Look into the old fashioned way of doing animation as a set up for the lesson. Animators back in the day had to draw 24 frames per second to get Mickey Mouse to move. Your lesson might be to introduce animation, then have them design an animation cell for either the book of the Grinch, or make up their own story.

just an idea

San D