Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: November 10, 2010

---------

From: Lois Girbino (lgirbino_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 11 2010 - 04:46:50 PST

Subject: Paper Weaving
 Hi- I've done paper weaving with third graders, and I think they like
it better if they paint the papers first (look at the blog, "The
Painted Paper" for ideas, also Ed Emberley's website). Then, we did
the weaving, 1" wide strips into black construction paper, glued the
whole thing on another piece of paper and did a little collage on top.
I prefer doing weaving with burlap pieces, pulling out some wefts,
then reweaving into the burlap with yarn. I prepped 250 pieces of
burlap by cutting & stapling to cardboard first, but much more
successful project, I think.Here's a link for that lesson at Dick
Blick: http://www.dickblick.com/multicultural/burlapweaving/
Hope that helps! -
Lois G.

--
Life is short, art is long...-Hippocrates