[teacherartexchange] Paper Weaving

---------

From: sarah k (sarah.kerns3_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 10 2010 - 08:41:49 PST

Hello All,

-At what age do you feel students should be able to master paper weaving?
-How do you teach it?

I have attempted two different lessons this year with second and third
grade, weaving no more than six, one inch wide sections and
demonstrating each step. The lessons came from books for elementary
students. By the end of each class I feel like I am a human tornado,
spinning from student to student and relying on those who know what
they're doing to help (which is a good lesson in and of itself). I am
beginning to feel like its me and I need a new approach or I am
expecting too much from my younger students.

Thank you for any and all input!

Sarah K.
Art 2-8
Quincy Catholic Academy