Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] masking tape in kiln

From: Fran Legman (fran.legman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 02 2010 - 04:54:15 PDT

If a ceramic piece breaks after bisque firing, can I put masking tape on the bottom to hold it in place, and then put clear glaze over the whole thing and hope it will melt and attach? Or can I use a little glue to hold it until the clear glaze melts. If so, what type of glue, or does anyone have other suggestions. Usually I just use gorilla glue after it is all completely glazed.

To unsubscribe go to