Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Ceramics Lesson plan

From: Joe Medina (jmedina_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 31 2010 - 18:05:30 PDT

My name is Joe Medina and I teach high school photography in a AZ
border town . I am currently collaborating with our cermaics teacher .

She wants to introduce installation work to her Intermediate ceramics
class . She was inspired by the Museum of Qin Terracotta warriors and
horses .... I believe she wants the work to revolve around the " human
form " . We have already located a space for the installation we
just need the "right" lesson plan . Her first idea was to have a
student create a piece around our school mascot but I thought
conceptually it was a little weak .

We are both looking for a conceptually engaging , rigorous and
relevant lesson plan and ideas for this assignment . If anybody has
any leads or ideas it would be greatly appreciated . Thank You
Joe Medina
Yuma High School

To unsubscribe go to