[teacherartexchange] h1n1 and sponges

---------

From: Colleen Hodel (hodelc_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 03 2009 - 06:09:09 PST

Hi all,
I don't know how most of you have kids clean tables, but I have been using sponges for years. They don't get replaced until they are getting torn or gross. With all the h1n1 flu going around, I have been wondering if our sponges are a breeding ground. Does anyone have another way they use to clean up glue and paint from tables besides reusing sponges? I could microwave them at the end of the day, but that only works to protect the first class the next day. With back to back classes, I couldn't do it for every class. Any ideas would be appreciated. I have several students with fragile health conditions, so it is a concern. Colleen