Re: [teacherartexchange] art trip to India

---------

From: Melissa Enderle (melissaenderle_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 26 2008 - 04:53:02 PST

Dear Gaby,

I am the teacher living in India that you mentioned. I have emailed
our school's art teacher with your request. Having just arrived in
Chennai, India late July, I am very new to the country and don't know
all the ins and outs. Having said that, the state of Rajastan has some
of my favorite crafts - lots of embroidery and other highly decorative
items. I am thinking about visiting here this spring break. Different
places have specialities in various crafts and arts. Down here in
southern India, textiles are big, particularly silk saris. Other
places are famous for their beads and glass items. Mumbai (Bombay) is
the commercial center of India. If you can give me some information
about the types of things you were hoping to see or learn, that would
be most helpful.

Regards,
Melissa