Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] plaster strips for mold making

From: narnot (narnot_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 25 2008 - 14:00:00 PST

I have used plaster gauze on my own face (with a partner) at a teacher workshop. Be cautious of getting it in eyes. It will burn because of the lime in plaster.

Another alternative...I've used (with students, Gr. 6) the product, Friendly Plastic pellets.(not the strips) It is a water soluble plastic that you put in hot water so the plastic becomes malable. Kind of like a lump of clay. When it becomes cool enough to place on skin you spread it over the face like a warm compress. It does not take long for it to start hardening to lift off the face. It forms very easy. You can then paint with acrylics and hot glue any decorations. Neater and easier than plaster gauze.

Nancy (from New Jersey)

Sent via the WebMail system at

To unsubscribe go to