Re: [teacherartexchange] text for 6th graders?

---------

From: Jenna Kang (jkang_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 20 2008 - 20:10:57 PST

I have a daily warm up for my 7th and 8th graders for the first five
minutes. I rotate between theme based drawing and art appreciation. In the
week of art appreciation, students "read" an image through PowerPoint and
answer five questions such as identify the elements of art, what moods,
feelings are communicated, explain your liking or disliking of the work,
etc. I like this time because it prepares their attitude and gives me time
to do attendance.

The classroom climate chart I invented (in my mind I did) has been working
wonderfully especially with my 6th graders. I move the arrow up and down
according to their behaviors. The highest privilege they can get on the last
week of their wheel is extra 3 points and two days of free sitting!

:)
Jenna
San Ramon, CA