Re:[teacherartexchange] Elementary Art Assessment

---------

From: Cathy Gaul (allgaul_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 20 2008 - 04:15:08 PST

Hi all,
Harper, you describe the same situation as we here in Cherry Hill NJ will be
approaching in the next few years. We did the alignment with the NJ
standards this summer just so we looked legal if the State came to the
schools to check, but we have nothing cohesive between schools let alone
across the curriculum. Any info on meaningful assessment would be wonderful.
Our current elementary assessment is the same language and same 5 different
areas as all the other special subjects and it seems like they were created
by the PE department-mostly behavior-based and work ethic skills.
I am sure many others would be interested in this part of our teaching
paperwork!

Cathy