[teacherartexchange] Elementary Art Assessment

---------

From: Harper Marten (martenha_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 19 2008 - 19:08:47 PST

I am an elementary art teacher and my district is dedicating its time through
Professional Learning Communities this year to create a cohesive
language across subjects. My department and I are working this year to
establish a common assessment tool that aligns elementary, middle and
high school language. From this we want create a more accurate report
card system (the one we currently use is a canned one- very vague and
measures nothing meaningful). We have aligned our expectations and
objectives with WI state standards, but are struggling to connect this
with actual numbers. The trouble we are having is in allowing for some
"wiggle room" so that we can show progress in a student's performance,
and give credit for this, instead of simply adding up the points. Do
you have a good rubric/assessment strategy that works for you?
Examples would be very helpful!
Thank you,
Harper Marten