Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Two Portraits

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 16 2008 - 06:14:00 PST

I finished my painting of "Tiffanie Sleeping". I've been fighting about
how to finish it for months now. I love working with blue and orange
as a color scheme. And, of course my grand daughter Tiffanie is
my favorite subject. I worked from a photo of her sleeping on a
blow up mattress in our living room. There are plenty of beds but
the triplets argue over who gets the blow up mattress.

I also switched my entry for our exhibit at the Kimo theater. My
first watercolor was not "red enough" to fit the theme of "red".
So, I'm sending a portrait I did this summer of a friend in Taos.
I should send watercolors that might sell - but I'd rather exhibit
paintings that show I'm stretching my skills a bit. Portraits are
difficult for me.

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

Read My Blog:

Watercolors on Note Cards